1.7
Style and Design

Thinking of buying from Furniture Town Canada in Mississauga?Please stop, and think again.

Nearly two months after our initial purchase, we have had to buy another sofa from 5-star Decorium Furniture because 1-star Furniture Town has renegged - without notice - on multiple delivery dates. Five times we've been to the store near Dundas and Dixie for a refund on some of the coldest days this year and found the place cursedly closed without explanation during the opening hours listed in plain sight right at the entrance. Countless times we've called to either reschedule a delivery or request a refund only to have the phone ring and ring because no one picks up and there's no answering machine. Whenever we've gotten through, it's like winning the lottery (only in terms of how rarely the phone actually gets answered!), until we get lied to or put off again.

We could go on, but the bottom line here is that there has been no delivery, no refund, and we've long reached this bizarrely frustrating point where we've had no further success with any kind of communication attempt. Because we stupidly agreed to not pay with credit card because they're a "new store" that doesn't take credit cards, we're out the $1149 we handed over to Furniture Town. What a scam! And that's where we're coming from with this review.

HUGE BUYER BEWARE to you and consider yourselves warned if you're trusting fools like we have been! Never again! If you must buy here, take pictures, take full names, and make sure to sure to pay with a credit card, not debit, even if they insist they won't take credit cards. Make sure whatever you buy is something you can personally pick up and take out of the store with you right away.

If you have bought here and the same thing has happened to you, good luck with the PTSD, and make sure you keep everything and carefully report your incidents to consumer agencies and the police.What an unfortunate blight on this otherwise excellent little plaza!

Review about: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, Problem with delivery, Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Initially friendly customer service.

I didn't like: No web presence, No delivery, No couch, No refund, Little to no communication.

Had an Experience with Furniture Town Canada?

Comments